“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!” ~ Audrey Hepburn
Thank you for coming last week to Parent Teacher Conferences and showing your support of your child’s education. I appreciate your feedback from you and your child, especially that your child is understanding Math and enjoying our class. I love teaching Math and Math is fun! By showing students various ways/methods to do Math, it teaches them to be creative, and to be a problem solver. I hope students have different perspectives about Math and are inspired to do their very best.
We have 3 weeks remaining for quarter 3. Quarter 3 ends on March 10. Please continue checking your child’s grades on Aspire, on a weekly basis.
Thank you so much for your generosity and your gifts during Valentine’s Day last week. Students really enjoyed the balloons from Mrs. Clown and the celebration.
We will review multiplying fractions and learn about how to find reciprocals, dividing fractions by fractions, and fractions by whole number this week. Below is the link that we use in class to practice the Fractions concept. Please allow your child to practice online at home as well. Thinking Blocks is a free App for tablet/iPad with various math skills to practice, but it is also available online on computers. For Thinking Blocks Fractions, please go to:
We use Prodigy to practice Math skills and concepts that we learned in class. Please include Prodigy in your child’s daily Math homework routine for 20 minutes. Every student has an account and the password is Eagles.This week’s Prodigy is on the multiplying fractions concepts:
- Multiply a fraction by a whole number
- Multiply two fractions
- Multiply a whole number by a missing fraction
- Missing first fraction multiplied by a fraction
- Missing second fraction multiplied by a fraction
- Multiply a fraction by a mixed number
- Multiply two fractions word problems
For Prodigy, Go to: https://www.prodigygame.com/
We will continue learning about week # 1 Heredity Unit this week. Students will learn what a trait is and why there is selective breeding. Students have weekly Science vocabulary words quizzes on Fridays. Please continue practicing vocabulary words at home. This week we are on Heredity Week#1 vocabulary words.
Below are the links for concept cards and vocabulary words.
Heredity Concept Cards: https://quizlet.com/_32xh8s
Heredity Vocabulary Words: https://quizlet.com/_32xeyh
Week#1 Heredity Vocabulary Words
- Feb.20 (Monday)- No school, Washington/Lincoln Day
- March 1 (Wednesday)-Utah Symphony Concert Filed Trip @8:30-12:00
- March 10 Quarter 3 Ends
- March 14 Quarter 4 Begins
- Ogden Prep Academy is providing online training and instruction on child sexual abuse prevention and awareness to parents or guardians of OPA students through the organization Prevent Child Abuse Utah. You can access this free training as follows:Utah Child Sexual Abuse Online Prevention Training Instructions
Click Link: https://pcau.enspark.com/
1. Select Register
2. Complete Registration
Parents/Caregivers must select I am a Parent of a Student from the registration drop down box in order to access the parent course.
School personnel must select School Personnel from the registration drop down box to access the educator course.
3. Click Register Button
4. Click Launch Course
5. There will be a Certificate of Completion issued at the end of the course