Friday PD – This week is Junior High Conferences. Junior High Teachers have no PD; conferences are Thursday 1-7pm (dinner break from 4:30-5:30) and Friday 8-Noon. There is work time planned for Elementary Teachers, with a few PD opportunities.
- Thursday at 1:00pm: Possible Elementary Stand-up, then work time. Please listen to the daily announcements.
- Friday 8am-Noon: Safety Care tune-up for all teachers, TAs, and staff who were trained one year ago. Please watch for an email from Teryl Young regarding who is required to attend.
- Mentors and Mentees: As you have time, please start completing Mentor and Mentee observations.
- All Non-Level 2 Teachers: Please remember to submit lesson plans weekly to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would prefer to do a shared Google file or shared folder that I will automatically check each week (saving you the hassle of emailing them), please let me know. Just make sure the file or folder is up to date each Monday morning.
- Individualized Coaching: Lauretta Hill (Elem), Cami Parry (Math), and Whitney Means (JH) are available to problem solve any classroom issues you encounter.
- Pineapple Charts: A Pineapple Chart is located in each building. Please put up activities going on in your class.
- Walkthroughs: Walkthroughs have started at both buildings. To view the Google Sheet with your walkthrough notes, just search for “Last Name, First Name (Responses)” in your Google Drive.
- Master Teacher: Master Teacher is up and running! Please complete two classes by the end of the month. Feel free to work ahead on other classes of interest. The goal for the year will be 18 classes. However, please be aware that there may be a few classes in that 18 that OPA adds to the system to fulfill state requirements. More info to come! We also look forward to getting your feedback on this system and the classes.