“Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.”
Parents & Students, here is our upcoming week at a glance. Let’s make it a great week!
- Math and Science Grades are posted and updated WEEKLY on Aspire. Remember to check the Aspire Gradebook online weekly at home, and as regularly as possible with your child.
- Students should turn in any missing, or Zero assignments within one week to improve their grades.
- If a student needs more time for class work, he or she can take it home to complete it as homework. The assignment needs to be turned in the next day.
- Students also have opportunities to retake exams and quizzes to improve their grade. Remember, responsibility is one of our school-wide goals this year along with “Be Respectful, Be Prepared, and Be Safe.”
ASPIRE website is: http://ogdenprep.usoe-dcs.org/Login/
Login Information:Username: Student ID
Password: Eagles+School ID (Example: Eagles43653449)
This week, students will learn how to compare decimals, rounding decimals and adding and subtracting decimal numbers.
This quarter we are focusing on Multiplication Facts 0-12 for ALL 5th grade’s Wildly Important Goals (WIGS). Our goals is 80% of 5th Graders will achieve 80% of accuracy of their multiplication Facts.Students took multiplication facts last week. Students will have multiplication fact quizzes on 3 and 4 this week. Please practice with your child at home and help them to reach their goals. We will make Fortune Tellers to practice Multiplication 0-12. Students can practice on multiplication.com or Math Drill App. (Please see the link, “5th grade Math Resources,” on my blog.)
Below is the schedule for assessments:
5th Grade Goal:
80% of 5th Graders will achieve 80% accuracy of their Multiplication Table 0-12.
Wk #1: assess 0,1,2
Wk #2: assess 3,4
Wk #3: assess 5,6,7
Wk #4: assess 8,9,10
Wk #5: assess 11, 12
Wk #6: assess 0-12 (mixed up)
We use Prodigy to practice math skills and concepts that we learned in math class. Please include Prodigy Math game in math homework routine daily.
Go to: https://www.prodigygame.com/
User Name: every student has his/her own login name that was created in class
We will continue to learn about the differences between erosion, deposition, and weathering. Students have science vocabulary quizzes weekly on Fridays.We are on our week# 2 on Earth’s Crust Unit.
Earth’s Crust Week#2 LINCS Table (Vocabulary Words)
- glacier: a mass of ice moving very slowly and formed from snow falling and accumulating (building up) over the years
- formation: the structure or arrangement of something
- century: one hundred years
- earthquake: a sudden movement of the Earth’s crust; caused by a release of energy in the crust
- seismograph: an instrument that measures and records details of earthquakes, such as force and duration
Click the link below to practice Earth’s Crust Concept Cards on Quizlet:
9/19 Picture Day
9/21 Minimum Day-Jr. High PTC
9/22 No School-Jr. High PTC
9/29 Annual OPAPO Carnival @4:00-7:00 pm