In order for a third-party vendor to be approved, they must go through the evaluation steps:
- Teachers and Staff will submit the website/app to the IT System Security Manager (ITSSM).
- The ITSSM will evaluate the website/app for compliance.
- The ITSSM will also view all security protocols listed on the website, including login security.
- If the website is secure, then it will be turned over to Administration for approval.
- Administration will go through all websites and determine if they are aligned with the curriculum and if similar websites are already being used.
- Once the website/app is approved by Administration, it will be routed back to the ITSSM.
- When the website/app is returned to the ITSSM, one of two things will happen: A. The website will be added to the approved list. B. The website will be turned over to OPA Support for login sync with school servers and then added to the approved list.
- After websites are approved, their metadata will then be uploaded to the Utah Metadata Dictionary.
The list below shows the various stages that websites and applications are in during the evaluation process.