“Leaders Never Stop Learning” ~ Christine Caine
Dear Parents and Students,
This Friday, April 20th, is OPAPO’s Spring Family Night and the Spanish Museum Night! Come enjoy Food Trucks, Games, Raffle Prizes, a Dunk Tank, along with the celebration of Spanish activities of the year. Activities begin at 4 p.m. and end at 7 p.m..
Dear Parent/ Guardian,
Local law enforcement officials and State educational leadership have set expectations for schools to prepare for circumstances requiring parents to pick up their students in a formal, controlled release. This process is called Reunification. Reunification will only occur in extreme situations and may occur at the school or a different location. Reunification protects the safety of the students and provides for an accountable change of custody from the school to a recognized custodial parent or guardian.
During Reunification, the school will hold students until parents or guardians can pick up their student(s). Please make every attempt to pick up your child as soon as possible. Students will only be released to parents/guardians or individuals previously identified as a student’s emergency contact in Aspire. Please update your student’s contact and release information including daycares and carpools. Contact information can be updated through your Aspire account or by contacting the front office.
1. Parents will be notified of a Reunification and location through the OneCall system. Please make sure that we have your correct and preferred phone numbers. If possible, students may be asked to contact parents.
2. Parents will go to the Reunification “Check In” area and wait for the next available checker.
a. Bring identification.
b. Be patient.
c. Fill out a Reunification card. Cards are available at the front office.
d. Follow the instructions of school personnel.
3. Identification and pick-up permissions will be confirmed by the checkers.
4. Parents will be redirected to the “reunification area”.
5. A runner will take the card and gather the student(s).
6. In some cases, parents may be taken to another location for further information, advised that law enforcement investigation is underway, or pulled aside for emergency or medical information.
The process must be repeated for students in each location.
When picking up students, please:
- Be aware of traffic and emergency vehicles.
- Park where indicated.
- Stay calm and patient.
- Complete ALL parts of the Reunification card.
A STUDENT WILL ONLY BE RELEASED TO AN INDIVIDUAL WHO APPEARS ON THE STUDENT’S ASPIRE CONTACT LIST AND HAS PROOF OF IDENTIFICATION.
We appreciate your support as we work to ensure the safety of our students. If you have any questions please contact us. We will be happy to help you understand this process.
Sage Testing for Math and Science is scheduled to start next week, on April 23rd, 25th, 30th, and May 2nd. Please have those dates on the calendar to minimize any tardies and absences on those dates. Students are strongly encouraged to bring their own headphones during those testing dates. Thank you.
During the testing weeks, please make sure that your child:
- Goes to bed early and is well rested
- Eats a good breakfast.
- Packs a healthy snack/and water.
- Has a positive, “I can-do-anything” attitude!
- Comes prepared to do his/her best!
- Arrives at school on time.
Please continue to check Aspire Gradebook weekly, and as regularly as possible with your child, to teach them to be responsible and to take ownership of their learning.
The ASPIRE website is: http://ogdenprep.usoe-dcs.org/Login/
Login Information:Username: Student ID
Password: Eagle + Student ID
- Convert among different-sized standard measurement units within a given measurement system
- Identify the x-and y-axis.
- locate the coordinate system
- Identify coordinates of a point or coordinate system.
We are reviewing five science units: Earth’s Crust, Matter, Magnetism, Electricity, and Heredity. Please practice vocabulary words and concepts cards at home. Below are the links for concept cards and vocabulary words for each unit:
Earth’s Crust Concept Cards: https://quizlet.com/154980132/chiang-earths-crust-unit-concept-cards-flash-cards/
Earth’s Crust Vocabulary Words: https://quizlet.com/154951722/opa-chiang-earth-crust-unit-flash-cards/alphabetical
Matter Concept cards: https://quizlet.com/_2ky517
Matter Vocabulary Words: https://quizlet.com/_2kwlwu
Electricity concept cards: https://quizlet.com/_2uhod6
Electricity vocabulary words: https://quizlet.com/_2ugxjo
Magnetism concept cards: https://quizlet.com/_2q1dmy
Magnetism Vocabulary words: https://quizlet.com/_2q0xuy
Heredity Concept Cards: https://quizlet.com/_32xh8s
Heredity Vocabulary Words: https://quizlet.com/_32xeyh
- April 20th OPAPO’s Spring Family Night and the Spanish Museum Night!
- April 23 & 25 Math Sage Testing
- April 30 & May 2 Science Sage Testing
- May 4 Minimum Day
- May 7-11 Sage Testing Make-Up Week
- May 14 Capitol and Leonardo Center
- May 22 Maturation @9:00-10:00 a.m. (Boys); @10:15-11:00 a.m. (Girls) in the elementary library
- May 24 Minimum Day
- May 25 Minimum Day-Last Day of School