“Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.”
~ Gail Devers
DEAR PARENTS AND STUDENTS,
Welcome back to School from Spring Break! I hope you all had opportunities to “Sharpen the Saw,” and have enjoyed the nice weather. Self-renewal is important, because we all need to recharge our mind, body,and soul. Thank you for encouraging your child to do his/her best, to finish our last quarter strong!
Fifth grade students will take Sage Tests beginning on April 24th, through May 5th. The Math and Science Sage Tests will be given on April 23rd, 25th, 30 and May 2nd. Please save those dates on the calendar to minimize being tardy, and or absent on those dates. Students are strongly encouraged to bring their own headphones for testing dates.
During the weeks of testing, please make sure that your child:
- Goes to bed early and is well rested
- Eats a good breakfast.
- Packs a healthy snack/and water.
- Has a positive, “I can-do-anything” attitude!
- Comes prepared to do his/her best!
- Arrives at school on time.
VOLUNTEER FIELD TRIP CHAPERONS
Thank you for those who are willing and are able to chaperon for our upcoming field trip on May 14.
Please check with Mrs. Resin for a background check at least one week prior to the field trip (May 7). We need 2 more volunteers for our homeroom. If you are interested in being a chaperon, please contact me via email. Each parent needs to have a back ground check done in our front office and it can take up to 3 days before the results are in.
Continue to check the Aspire Grade book weekly, and as regularly as possible with your child. Please teach them to be responsible and to take ownership of their learning.
The ASPIRE website is: http://ogdenprep.usoe-dcs.org/Login/
Login Information:Username: Student ID
Password: Eagle + Student ID
This week we will learn about Measurement in the Metric System and Customary System.
We are reviewing five science units: Earth’s Crust, Matter, Magnetism, Electricity, and Heredity. Please practice the vocabulary words and concept cards at home. Below are the links for concept cards and vocabulary words for each unit:
- Earth’s Crust Concept Cards: https://quizlet.com/154980132/chiang-earths-crust-unit-concept-cards-flash-cards/
- Earth’s Crust Vocabulary Words: https://quizlet.com/154951722/opa-chiang-earth-crust-unit-flash-cards/alphabetical
- Matter Concept cards: https://quizlet.com/_2ky517
- Matter Vocabulary Words: https://quizlet.com/_2kwlwu
- Electricity concept cards: https://quizlet.com/_2uhod6
- Electricity vocabulary words: https://quizlet.com/_2ugxjo
- Magnetism concept cards: https://quizlet.com/_2q1dmy
- Magnetism Vocabulary words: https://quizlet.com/_2q0xuy
- Heredity Concept Cards: https://quizlet.com/_32xh8s
- Heredity Vocabulary Words: https://quizlet.com/_32xeyh
April 2-6 No School, Spring Break
April 9 – School Resumes
April 13 Minimum Day, School dismissed @12:45
April 14 OPA Spring 5K Ogden Botanical Gardens
April 20 The OPAPO Spring Family Night has been combined with the Spanish Museum Night that was previously scheduled for the 26th. All OPA families are invited for food trucks, activities, and the Spanish Museum
April 23, 25 Math Sage Testing
April 30, May 2 Science Sage Testing