“Accomplishment will prove to be a journey, not a destination.” —Dwight D. Eisenhower
Dear Parents and Students,
AGUILAS OF EXCELLENCE
Our first Aguilas of Excellence went well. All students were invited for this first AOE last Friday. Aguilas of Excellence is a rewards program for 5th-9th grade students at Ogden Preparatory Academy.
How it works:
To earn an Aguilas of Excellence reward day, students must demonstrate “Above the Bar” achievement in three areas: attendance, grades, and behavior. Above the Bar criteria are defined as follows:
- Attendance: Students must have fewer than 2 absences and no unexcused tardies within the tracking period. (Field trips do not count as absences for Aguilas of Excellence.)
- Grades: All grades must be 73% (C) or higher, at the end of the tracking period. If students are absent or on a field trip, they are still expected to keep their grades within this range.
- Behavior: Students must have zero detentions within the tracking period. Please note, there is a 4-5 day delay between the date this data is pulled and the actual reward day. This delay is necessary to assign reward rooms, plan activities, and allow students to sign up. Students must have Above the Bar qualifications on the day the data is pulled to attend a reward room.
At the end of the tracking period, students can earn entry into a variety of Reward Rooms. On each Aguilas of Excellence Reward Day, students who qualify will be released from class early to attend the Reward Rooms. All students who qualify also earn raffle tickets to be used for quarterly prizes. Students who did not earn a reward will attend an academic class, where they will be given time to complete makeup work, receive extra help, and/or study.
2017-2018 Rewards Day Schedule for Grade 5-6 (All rewards are 11am-noon)
Friday, September 1st
Friday, October 6th
Friday, November 3rd
Friday, December 1st
Friday, January 5th
Friday, February 2nd
Friday, March 2nd
Friday, April 13th
Friday, May 4th
Uniform, Name Tag, and Planner are tracked DAILY in each homeroom. To avoid detention, please make sure your child’s planner is signed daily by parents/guardians. No pre-signing, or going back later and signing on missed days. Students will earn points in their homeroom for having planner signed DAILY.
5th and 6th Graders have detention after school from 3:00-3:45 p.m. Students who have 3 strikes – no name tag, 3 strikes – no planner, or 3 strikes – no Parent Signature will receive a detention after school.
Please continue to check Aspire Gradebook online weekly at home, and as regularly as possible with your child, to teach them to be responsible, and to take ownership of their learning.
ASPIRE website is: http://ogdenprep.usoe-dcs.org/Login/
Login Information:Username: Student ID
Password: Eagles+School ID (Example: Eagles43653449)
Remember, students who don’t finish math and science class work need to finish the assignment as homework and return it the next day. Any missing assignments entered on Aspire are counted as Zero until the assignments received.
This week’s learning objectives:
- I can read, write, and compare decimals to thousandths.
- I can read and write decimals to thousandths using base-ten numbers, number names and expanded form.
We use Prodigy to practice math skills and concepts that we learned in math class. Please include Prodigy Math game in math homework routine daily.
Go to: https://www.prodigygame.com/
User Name: every student has his/her own login name that was created in class
the process when broken-down rock material is carried by moving water, wind, or moving ice
the process when rock is broken into smaller pieces
To fall or cave in; crumble suddenly
force that attracts something toward the center of the Earth
when sediment and broken down substances are dropped and placed down
Click the link below to practice Earth’s Crust Unit: 24 Vocabulary Words on Quizlet:
Click the link below to practice Earth’s Crust Concept Cards on Quizlet:
9/21 Minimum Day- Jr. High Parent Teacher Conferences
9/22 No School- Jrs. High Parent Teacher Conferences