Tis the season for increased illness and germ sharing! Please do your part to keep OPA Germ free.
Here are some tips:
- Get a FLU vaccine. We had a couple flu clinics here at the school, but if you missed them, there are a myriad of locations to get vaccines around town – many free.
- Avoid contact. Stay home when you are sick, if possible. If not possible, do everything you can to keep your germs to yourself. We can encourage students to stay home, but we know there will be some who come when sick, or don’t know they are sick. The rest of the tips can help with this.
- Cover your nose and mouth. Teach by example and encourage your students to use tissues and hand sanitizer. Make sure you have tissues and hand sanitizer available in your rooms.
- Wash your hands. Frequent hand washing is the best defense. Please wash your hands and encourage your students to do so as well. The use of hand sanitizer is also good when washing isn’t available. Students could get in the habit of sanitizing when returning to class after recess and lunch.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Clean your room. Use disinfectant wipes to wipe down your desks, chairs and any frequently touched areas in your room. Students can be enlisted to help with this. Please wipe down frequently used areas daily, and do a more thorough wipe down each week.
We are all in this together, and the confined nature and human interaction aspects of our jobs make this a germ spreading haven. Please do your part to minimize this effect.
If you need tissues, hand sanitizer and/or wipes, please request them through the dashboard.
Thank you for your efforts!
Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in