All students are expected to take pride in their appearance and to dress and groom in a manner that will not disrupt the instructional climate at Ogden Preparatory Academy (OPA). This means clothing must be modest, and it must promote a safe environment. It is the responsibility of parents and students to ensure compliance with the dress code. For some visual examples check out the page under Parent Resources: School Uniforms
General appearance, clothing, hygiene, etc.
- Clothing shall not have holes or excessive wear.
- Body piercing is limited to earrings only.
- No enlarged ear piercing, spikes or gauges allowed.
- Hair must be clean, well-groomed and not distractive.
- Only natural human hair colors will be allowed.
- Hats are prohibited.
- Students’ faces will be clean shaven or well groomed.
- Modesty is required for all shirts and will be determined by both office staff and administration.
- No clothing that exposes bare midriffs, buttocks or undergarments. Midriffs must remain covered when arms are raised.
- Camisoles, or other undergarments, must not be visible.
- Headbands, belts, bandanas, or any altering of clothing that has any gang relation/affiliation will not be allowed.
Collared shirts may be either solid white, navy blue, or light blue with or without the school logo.
- Shirts must have a collar and be long enough to remain tucked in and must be tucked in at all times during school hours.
- Ninth graders may wear the shirts of the chosen color for the year.
- Shirts can be long or short sleeved.
- Capped sleeves are not allowed.
- Shirts worn under the outer (collared) shirt must follow the dress code color designations.
Additional layering (sweaters, vests, etc.) may either be white, cream, tan, light blue, or navy blue.
- Sweaters, or sweatshirts without hoods may be worn in class.
- Sweaters and vests must be a solid color and free from logos, patterns, etc.
- Half-zipped fleece with school colors may be worn.
- Hooded sweatshirts may not be worn except outside during lunch or recess.
- Outdoor jackets and coats are not allowed to be worn except outside during lunch or recess.
Pants must be khaki or navy blue, corduroys or Docker-type.
- No denim jeans of any color may be worn.
- Pants may be no larger than one size from a student’s fitted size.
- Pants must stay fitted around the waist. Belts are required if pants do not stay at the waistline.
- Skirt, dress, and short length must be no higher than two inches above the top of the kneecap. Skirt, dress, and short length will be determined with the waistband at the waist.
- Leggings must be one of the following school colors: white, khaki/tan, or navy; leggings must be free from additional designs and patterns.
- Socks must be non-distracting and school appropriate.
Students may wear any shoes that have a strap or some kind of back on the shoe so that it doesn’t slip off the feet.
- No bare or stocking feet.
- No open toe or open heeled shoes.
- No slippers with or without soles.
Game Day Dress:
Game Day Dress will be allowed for students participating in sports.
- Game Day Dress includes jerseys with uniform pants.
- Game Day Dress requires jerseys to be tucked.
- Game Day Dress should be communicated by coaches or captains to the front office, so it can be announced to all staff members each morning.
Uniform-Free Dress Day Standards:
First and Third Fridays are OPAPO dollar dress days; other Friday’s are school designated dress days unless otherwise designated. Consult the school calendar for more details.
- All requirements under the “General appearance, clothing, hygiene, etc.” section above apply to free dress days.
- Shorts and skirts need to follow the regular uniform dress code regarding length.
- Shirts can be long or short sleeved. No tank tops or open shoulders
- No clothing which displays obscene, vulgar, lewd, or sexually explicit words, messages, logos, or pictures.
- No hoodies or shirts with hoods.
- Clothing with holes or rips will be allowed only if there is appropriate material preventing exposed skin (leggings under ripped jeans, patches, etc).
Physical Education Uniforms:
Uniforms are available through the office.
- 7th –9th grade students must wear PE uniforms during PE.
- Shirts will be light blue.
- Shorts will be knee length and navy blue or black in color.
(See Dress Code Policy)